Find stuff you wanna know!

Friday, February 26, 2010

25 Feb 10

1. General. Slack day. Hot day. Nothing else to say here.

2. Magic the Gathering. I played against Brendan again today. Made some modifications to the Polymorph Trap deck. Seems better now, at least I won one game.

I was reading magicthegathering.com and found this decklist. I'm gonna build it. Okay I made a few changes, to budget it. I mean, I have most of the cards. I'm disbanding my own Esper and Millies for this.

Esper

2  Celestial Colonnade
4  Sejiri Refuge
4  Island
2  Kabira Crossroads
4  Plains
4  Swamp
20 lands


4  Architects of Will
4  Filigree Angel
4  Glassdust Hulk
1  Sharuum the Hegemon
3  Sphinx of Lost Truths
16 creatures

3  Courier's Capsule
2  Day of Judgment
2  Fieldmist Borderpost
2  Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2  Journey to Nowhere
1  Mistvein Borderpost
3  Oblivion Ring
4  Open the Vaults
4  Spreading Seas
1  Terra Eternal
24 other spells

Sideboard
1  Day of Judgment
3  Flashfreeze
2  Hindering Light
1  Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2  Journey to Nowhere
4  Negate
1  Oblivion Ring
1  Sanguine Bond
15 sideboard cards

3. Love and Comedy + 4. Things I've Learnt. Damn funny ay coach training man. Daren an I were remeniscing about when Gary edited the... Okay I should have some background first. Right. We were learning memory techniques and one of the examples was this:

Characteristics of an Effective Thermometer.

1. Easy to Read
2. Safe to Use
3. Inexpensive
4. Sensetive to Temperature Changes
5. Big Range

Now, we were supposed to come up with a story to remember these 5 characteristics, using similar sound technique and 8 principles of memory. Gary (one of the trainers who was teaching this when Daren an I were participants) looked at it and started laughing. He then said: Wow, you know, this can actually be applied to a condom. We all burst into laughter at how true this was. Apart from number 1, the rest all fit! Safe to Use... Inexpensive... Sensetive... Big Range... See? Now Trina (she was training us again today (yay!)) was teaching this to us and I poked Daren. He immediately knew what I was gonna say and we both started laughing uncontrollably. Lol damn fun man.

There were 3 new people today, 2 girls and 1 guy. I mean, they didn't come for day one or two of coach training so they were quite new. One of the girls is quite cute. I'm gonna ask for her number tomorrow after the test.

1 comment: