Find stuff you wanna know!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

11 Feb 10

1. General. Good sleepy day today. Repaid most of my sleep debt I think. I bumped into Priscilla today at the City Hall MRT as I was coming back from the IDA IIS briefing. She's a fellow assistant coach at AKLTG.

2. Magic, the Gathering. Wow today's article on magicthegathering.com was cool. New combo for Extended! Lavaclaw Reaches + Searing Ceaseblades! Repeatedly pay 0 for Lavaclaw Reaches' Demonspine ability, and Searing Ceaseblades activated ability gets triggered, making it a infinite/4! Cast a Souls Fire or just attack for the win! That is so cool.

3. Love and Comedy. Ah well, time for Part Three of the Criteria!!!! (In NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

So, Part Three:
Okay let's talk about values.
Loyalty. This is a must. Loyalty is my number one value. If there's one thing I hate, it's a backstabber/traitor.  
Next, she must be respectable. Not a loser type or emo type or low-class type. And she has to have attended at least one of the AKLTG courses and/or is a coach. This is flexible though. I mean if a girl I like hasn't attended any of the courses, I'll intro her via coaching. So this is not a big problem to me.
Lastly, she has to be responsible. Like, she'll bother call or SMS that she's gonna be late [for a meeting], she is reliable, she can make decisions, etc etc.

4. Things I've Learnt. I went for the IDA briefing about the IIS today. Quite disappointing actually, I wasted my time there as I didn't learn anything crucial. All I took away was that there  is no limit to the number of people they can accept (yeah right) an the dates for shortlisting, interview and deed signing. Oh and a goody bag with a box of transformers. They said 2.30pm-5pm but ended up 3pm-4pm. I also went there early (too early) to make sure I was at the right place. I was, and then I saw that they were fixing up some stuff. I offered my help and the blew me off with a "oh thanks, but your not supposed to see this anyway". I'm like, what? Wouldn't a simple "no, thanks" suffice? Later, when I went to sign in, I saw that my course and handphone numbers were wrong. They immediately said to ignore the handphone number because everyone's handphone number was wrong, so I asked about the course. They said "oh it doesn't matter". EXCUSE ME! My course DOES matter to me, thank you very much. Honestly, I don't think these people were trained properly, and that the situation could have been handled more professionally. Ah well. There's no point simmering over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment