Find stuff you wanna know!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

27 Jan 10

1. General. I can't BELIEVE what I heard this morning on the radio, that a 16 year old girl in Bangladesh was raped and she was punished for getting pregnant!!!! The punishment was 100 strokes of the cane! And as if that wasn't enough, the rapist was PARDONED by the elders!!! Outragous!! What are these people thinking??

Other than that, I had a great day today. I was accepted on to TP in the FBI course!!! Yay! I'm gonna go there and own everyone in the course. Well, that's my goal anyway.

Fun day at work. Murali, my colleague left today. He was also a part timer and he's been posted to VJC! Smart guy. Brendan and I played Snooker without him at lunch. I lost this time, 5-22. I entered the game halfway because someone else was playing with him. Brendan potted the last 4 balls. Nevermind, we'll start our Snooker competition tomorrow. Just him vs me.

2. Magic, the Gathering. I think I will go and make a UB mill deck with leviathans and krakens around Quest for Ula's Temple. With Crabs. Learnt more about drafting on Limited Information in magicthegathering.com. I think I will go and find the places for the Prereleases on sat before I go with Ernst on Sunday.

3. Love. I got nothing to talk about today. Apparently, She's going to ACSI.

4. Comedy. Here's a quote:

    Any man has the power to sweep any woman off her feet. He just needs the right broom.
            -Will Smith, in Hitch

Witty, yet sentimental.

5. Trading/Investing. Daddy and I went for a public talk by Chart Nexus this evening on breakout patterns. It was sorely disappointing. The speaker had such bad English you can't even call it a language. I mean, not just spelling and grammatical errors, but gazillions of other syntax errors. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating, but he was bad. I ended up tuning him out and started work on this post until daddy asked if I wanted to leave halfway. I jumped at the chance to escape and we broke out of there. Now if this breakout had been accompanied by high volume...

6. Personal Development. Mrs Low replied regarding my draft application for the ISS scholarship. She said I was good, but can add more stuff about IT like focusing on how I would apply IT to my work. So I'll do that.

This Sunday I intended to do a short presentation on Chapters 1 and 2 of Crucial Conversations. Daddy said maybe summarize the book instead, or find the 3 most important or interesting things I learnt from the book an present 1 of them. That doesn't seem to be a bad idea, because if anyone wants a summary of every chapter, they can just read my blog. Duh. 

1 comment:

  1. WHO is going to ACSI? *waggle eyebrows meaningfully*

    ReplyDelete