Find stuff you wanna know!

Monday, January 25, 2010

25 Jan 10

1. General. Another good day at work. I did alot a filing (yay!) and felt very satisfied with myself. Murali and I had a good time shredding paper in the paper shredder and Brendan gave me a Rap tour of the 5th floor. He kept saying "uh-huh" and "word". I'm not angry or upset with him anymore. I've gotten over it. Looking back, it WAS kinda childish and immature of me.

2. Magic, the Gathering. I'm not gonna talk about spoiler cards today. I'm gonna talk about the game format Sealed Deck, a sub-group of Limited. Now this coming Worldwake Prerelease is a Sealed Deck. You get 6 boosters, 3 from Zendikar and 3 from Worldwake. The article I read today said to use Zendikar as more of a base, becuase Worldwake was designed to support Zendikar. So that's exactly what I'm gonna do. When you open the packs, sort the cards out according to colour, and do your best to make a 2 colour deck, because there is consistent mana and you can't make a mono deck anyway. Pick cards according to creature removal, then spell effiency. One would normally win a Limited format by damage but I'm gonna go for milling as my primary Win Condition. I think Ally Mill would help out alot. Usually draft about 15-17 lands in a 40 card deck, but it can vary. Some people do well with 12 or 13 lands because they may have card draws, tutors or just really cheap spells. We'll see how well I do this Saturday.

3. Love. Yes yes yes! The movie is confirmed! Tomorrow night I will see Her again. I'm gonna go for the image of "Gentleman", yet with a (hopefully) cool factor. I'll give blow-by-blow details tomorrow night if everything goes well. Yay! Kari Kimmel is singing in my head again...

4. Comedy. Like I said, Brendan gave my a Rap tour of the 5th floor. He was like, uh, this is, uh huh, the CEO's, uh, Crib. Yeah, word up. We were doing our best to stifle our laughter! Lol that was today's Epic Joke of the Day.

5. Trading/Investing. I'm gonna go find the book 50 Economic Ideas you should Know. It seems to be a good book.

6. Personal Development. Chapter 11 wasn't very exciting. It just gives many different "impossible" scenarios and how to apply the skills taught in the book. What I mean is, scenarios that just don't allow you to use any of the skills, eg, the person withdraws (silence) and will not budge no matter how much effort you put in to make it safe to talk. I think this is more of a reference chapter, like when you experience one of these scenarios, you can check that section of the chapter to see how well you handled it. It's more of a "learning from your mistakes" tool. I think I will use it like this, rather than memorize the individual scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment