Find stuff you wanna know!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

24 Jan 10

1. General. Yay I'm so happy that today was a boring day. I spent quality time with myself just happily being miserable. Everyone needs to wallow in self pity once in a while so now I feel much better. Not so angry at Brendan now... just hurt that he behaved that way.

2. Magic, the Gathering. Wow they released 23 cards today!!! What to talk about? Hmm I really like Archon of Redemption: 3WW, rare, 3/4, flying, Whenver Archon Of Redemption or another creature with flying enters the battlefield under your control, you may gain life equal to that creature's power. I'm gonna make a mono white flying deck, especially with Kor Skyfisher and Emeria Sky Ruins and Felindar Sovereign. 

3. Love. Tsk. She hasn't answered me yet. Is she even interested? Or is she just busy. These lyrics from The Corrs really show what I feel like saying:

What can I do to make you love me?
What can I do to make you care?
What can I say to make you feel this?
What can I do to get you there?

If we do go for this movie, it will be the last time I see her until we meet again at AKLTG. When? March or June or November. I hope. So this coming movie I will hafta make my move. Will I have the courage to do so? Maybe yes, maybe no. 

Sigh... I should just drop it, shouldn't I? I won't be able to keep the relationship going if we even start one. She's just too far. One should not start a relationship with someone of they both can't keep it alive. I should just stick to having relationships with inanimate objects.

Okay it's 10.30pm. She finally told me can. Tuesday night. But only after I prompted her... Sigh, like I said, I dunno how interested she is. But I am very excited about it. I'll be able to see her face in real life again instead of just on Monique whenever I unlock. Yay! Oh and I decided I wouldn't change my wallpaper of her face when I meet her. I've already thought of what to say if she does happen to see it. What is it? Oh I'm not gonna spoil it. Yet. Until I actually use it.

4. Comedy. Time for a classic joke: a man walks into a bar. Ooh, That's gotta hurt.

5. Trading/Investing. Results of the JAE will be out on the 27th. I hope I'm accepted into the FBI course. I found this trading game on the Apps store. Start with 1500 and trade. 3 modes: 15 day, 30 day and 60 day. I only played the 15 day twice. First I got 6000+ but I improved the second time, getting 24000+. I could only use the graph, semi-reliable tips and the company's history. I was also limited to 6 stocks, so this game isn't really a good representation of the trading world.

6. Personal Development. Okay I started crafting out my testemonial for Mr. Lak, my principal, to sign. Gonna base my next few testemonials to my teachers on this draft.

I've decided to do a presentation of chapters 1 and 2 of Crucial Conversations to the High Fivers group. Hopefully, this will increase my understanding and I'll be able to remember the skills better.

Read chapter 10. Now this is a really useful chapter. It teaches you how to remember all the skills taught, especially in something as unpredictable and fast moving as a crucial conversation. It keeps you thinking straight and on your feet. All you hafta remember is watch out for people (including and especially you) that are moving towards silence or violence. They also give a visual model to remember but I can't put it here and I can't find a website that show it. If anyone can, do let me know and I'll post the link in whichever post I do on the day I receive it. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment