Find stuff you wanna know!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

22 Jan 10

1. General. Wow today was tiring. I woke up this morning only to go to sleep on the sofa in the living room. If my grandmother hadn't been brought out of her room by her maid, I would've probably slept till noon and missed work. And it rained in the morning. Heavily. Luckily I was already in Brendan's mum's car on my way to work. It has a sunroof so I was very mesmerised by the water droplets that formed on top. It would've been a nice picture if I had camera.

2. Magic, the Gathering. New cards out. 1 token released: a 0/1 plant. It was released along with the card that makes that token: Avenger of Zendikar. 5GG, 5/5, mythic rare, elemental, When Avenger of Zendikar enters the battlefield, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield for each land you control.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on each Plant creature you control. And there is a land, Khalni Garden which produces a plant token upon entering the battlefield. Looks like there can be a tribal plant deck.

Some cards are just confusing for now like Selective Memory (3U, sorcery, rare, exile any number of nonland cards from your libray. Then shuffle your library) and Eye of Ugin (legendary, rare, Colorless Eldrazi spells cost 2 less to cast.
7, tap: Search your library for a colorless creature card, reveal it and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your library.) I'm like, huh?

Anyway, more cards for me. Seer's Sundial would go great with my Esper deck for card advantage, Jwari Shapeshifter is extremely flexible for my Ally Mill, and Calcite Snapper is an excellent draft card along with Iona's Judgement. There's just too many cards released today so tomorrow I'll talk about more.

3. Love. Man I love that song (It's Not Just Make-believe)!!!! I was listening to it over and over again this morning. Everytime I hear it I've got to resist the urge to Shuffle. Lol. Anyway today she replied so I can meet her again (yay!) for a movie. Just dunno when yet. My heart is soaring!!! We'll see how this turns out...

4. Comedy. Notice how some people tend to eat alot when their under pressure? Well, that's because stressed spelt backwards spells desserts! Lol.

5. Trading/Investing. Today had a small WBG 88 meeting. Kelly and Wee Heong didn't come. Anyway, it was a good meeting overall because I learnt from other's mistakes.

Daddy's stocks (SATS and SingTel) went up a bit today. SATS is up to 2.66, 2 cents more than when he bought it at. That's good, but not enough to cover the commission. SingTel went up 1 cent to 3.01 so still at a 3 cent loss but at least both stocks are maintaining while many others plunged. I heard it's because of China's decision to raise interest rates. It's economy shot up so they needed to control it. People over-reacted so these past few days have generally been bear.

6. Personal Development. Sigh. Like I said, busy day today. Didn't read. Tomorrow will have time so I'll read like 2 or 3 chapters, the post one chapter a day fro the next few days. I've had a lot on my mind recently so tomorrow when I go cycling, I'm gonna sit at the beach and just relax. Sharpen the Saw is the 7th habit of Steven Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment