Find stuff you wanna know!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

7th Jan 10

1. General.  Huh. Didn't sleep last night. Only slept this morning at 1am. Was helping dad do some stuff regarding hotspoting items. *yawn* 

2. Magic, the Gathering. Went out with Brendan today to go to Raffles City because there was a card shop there that sold rare and uncommon singles. He was making the Grapeshot storm deck so he got a playset of Pyromancer's Swarth and 2 Lotus Blooms. Lotus Blooms were freakin ex! $12 apiece! Ah well he said he was quite serious about this deck... Not my cuppa tea though. We went to Simei after that to pick up some commons. I mean we intended to get commons but there were no freakin commons we wanted at all! Sigh... So we had a few games there. His Dragon Ram vs my Esper Fog. I knew he had a Violent Ultimatum in his hand (he always does) so I skipped my land drop to allow him to use it. He played Broodmate Dragon instead and smashed my face. Ah well I knew I was gonna lose anyway. I always lose to that deck.  Heck, I'm just gonna wait for Worldwake and modify. Hurry up, Worldwake!!! Only a month left!!!

3. Love. Oh damn. Mum saw the girl on my iPod. I set a picture of her face as my wallpaper. Found it on Facebook and it was during her prom night so she was all dolled up. Ah well now I can say that that is the girl I like. Hmm.. Must remember to change the wallpaper before I go to AKLTG. I might meet her and use my iPod. Don't want her to start asking why her face is on my iPod. No her name isn't Monique. That's the name of my iPod touch. 
Didn't manage to learn Falling for You last night because I had to help dad but I did try to learn it just now. OMG it's so difficult! I thought I had to chords but it didn't sound right so I went to search some more and I found like uber hard chords. I had no clue what the chords were telling me. Like some different language. So long never touch the guitar...

4. Comedy. Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticise him, your a mile away- and you have his shoes! Lol. Had a lot of good laughs with Brendan today. Him and his stupid 'Ninja' as usual.  Tried to ninja me by stopping behind a pillar. Lol sometimes we are just so lame...

5. Trading/Investing. Oh I forgot, hafta do fundamental analyst on some companies today. Dad bought Keppel Corp shares (2 lots) yesterday and now profited $500! This is probably due to the January Effect making the breakout patterns so strong and reliable... Ah well good for us!

6. Personal Development. Okay I just finished chapter 4. I learnt the next skill: watching for
 a) What a person says
 b) The conditions i.e. When a conversation turns crucial, signs that people don't feel safe and how you behave under stress
 c) When you see safety problems, change the situation to make it safe because when people don't feel safe, they tend to clam up or force their opinions. identify when people are moving towards silence or violence
So when you can identify these, you can better handle the situation. This goes back to lesson 1: start with the heart. You have a goal, and these skills allow you move toward that outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment