Find stuff you wanna know!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My first real posting

Ok straight to it:

1. General. Yesterday was an awesome day! I met up with several of my Primary 6 classmates. 4 long years have gone by and I was quite embarrassed to find that i'd forgotten most of their names, especially the girls. Thank goodness for free Internet at the Macs at ECP where I quickly checked the facebook profiles of the friends I had to match their faces. There were 12 of us so let's see how many of the 11 I can name:
Hau Yan (duh, she organized it and invited me)
Kun Long (joker, still as large as I remember)
Bryan (how to forget? Freaking tall guy, towering over all the teachers)
Nicholas (the only ang mor)
Daryl (okay I forgot him at first but Nicholas introduced himself to me as Daryl so I figured they pull a prank I would have and swapped names)
Christy (found on facebook looking through pictures. Whew!)
Yuan Yuan (could hardly recognise her at all! So different! I found out her name later during cycling when Kun Long called her name. I was like WTH! That's Yuan Yuan?!)
Jing Yuan (pale as ever. Confirmed her identity when she mentioned Mitchell, my brother.)
okay I've seriously forgotten the last 3 (sorryyyy, girls!) I honestly didn't recognise or remember them. Not even facebook could help here.
Ah well we all did have a good time cycling to the jetty and back. I got blisters which thankfully didn't pop. I really need to get myself a pair of gloves.

2. Magic, the Gathering. Umm not much to say right now other than I LOVE THE NEW JACE! 4 freakin' effects! He's so control-ly now I'm definitly putting him into my mill deck or maybe modify the Jacerator with Worldwake cards. Hmm... My Esper Fog deck is doing well, currently this is the best deck I've ever built. I mean original, not taken from the Internet like Crypt Mill or Jacerator. Unfortunately, it still can't beat Brendan's Dragon Ram. I mean, who can survive a turn 3 Violent Ulimatum? Nobody can recover from land loss. An I really hate the new Muli-kicker ability. Ram decks are gonna go through the roof! Especially Eldrazi Green with Joraga Warcaller. It's too imba. Not fair. On the bright side, Aaron Forsythe did mention a good number of blue cards (yes!!!) which means control decks might get a boost (yay!). Now the suspense begins as it's only a month left to the release. When are they gonna start the spoiler?!

3. Love. Sigh what to say? I found this song on Joelle's blog and i love it. I'm gonna learn how to play it on the guitar. The song is Falling for You by Colbie Caillat.

4. Comedy. Hey this is fun. Go watch Jeff Dunham. I like Peanut, Achmed the Dead Terrorist and Jose Jalepeneo on a stick. It's super funny and I really applaud Jeff Dunham. He's a wonderful ventrilquist. I actually wanted to become a ventriloquist once when I wanted to be a comic. It's so much more fun with 2 people talking rather than just 1. It's kinda hard to find someone to click with so I thought, why not click with myself? I dunno if I'll ever be able to become as good as Jeff Dunham. Ventriloquism is extremely difficult to master.

5. Trading/Investing. My dad and I have attended many talks on these subjects over the holidays and it was really fun. I learnt alot and the most important thing I learnt was Macro-Economics. Conrad (the best trader I know personally) told us about it. So I did some research and I think the best place to start learning is Conrad's blog (www.conradalvinlim.com). I found it very informative and easy to understand. I'm definitely gonna follow his blog.

Okay I'm done for now. The last thing I wanna say is thank you to my Uncle Van and Aunty Lee Beng for getting me an iPod touch! In fact, I'm using it right now to type my blogs and I'll continue to do so. I engraved the word 'Control' because in MTG, I'm a control player, and if I ever lose this, I'll lose Control!! See what I meant by lame jokes? I also named this iPod Monique. I really like this French name. I have no idea why, I just do. It's so... interesting, know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment