Find stuff you wanna know!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

26 Jan 10

1. General. Had a fun day tearing paper today, not shredding them. I had to tear them along the jagged edges and I like the ripping sound. (Sadistic, isn't it?)

After work went for a movie with friends. We watched The Spy Next Door, but it was kinda disappointing because the only funny part was the bloopers. Okay so it may not be Whose Line Is It Anyway, but I really expected more. I mean, is it too much to ask for just ONE scene to tickle me? I was totally not impressed until the bloopers.

2. Magic, the Gathering. I'm so happy that I found a new Magic, the Gathering player in Leon! He just started a few months ago with Time Spiral. I taught him a lot of basics on the way back home.

All the cards released today on mtgsalvation.com. No other Planeswalkers, only Jace, the Mind Sculptor. The second multicoloured card came out today and it's quite awesome, if you can get it on the field and deal damage. Wrexial, the Risen Deep: 3UUB, Legendary, Kraken, Mythic Rare, Islandwalk, Swampwalk
Whenever Wrexial, the Risen Deep deals combat damage to a player, you may cast target instant or sorcery card from that player's graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead. Combo with Quest for Ula's Temple would be amazing.

3. Love. She's shorter than I remembered. But I love her petite form, I really do. Nothing much happened today because we were late and had to rush in for the movie. My plan was for all of us to get drinks, then I'd toast:

Never Lie, Steal, Cheat or Drink.
But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.
If you must steal, steal away from bad company.
If you must cheat, cheat death.
If you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.
           -Will Smith, in Hitch

Now that would have been awesome.

I wish I'd used the chance given to me to talk to her. I should have asked her to tell me about her trip to Italy. Tsk. Wasted opportunity. I had everything nicely planned out, but the moment we were late I screwed it up! I'm so frustrated with myself. Here was a nice opportunity to build rapport with Her and I chicken out. Grr.

What happens now?

4. Comedy. Leon told bad jokes today. Lemme see if I can do better.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself. You never see it, but you always get that warm fuzzy feeling.

5. Trading/Investing. Daddy saw wrongly. The course isn't on Friday night, it's Wednesday night, tomorrow! Hiya. I will put up what I learn ther tomorrow. Something about Breakout Patterns.

6. Personal Development. I didn't read today, so I'm just gonna put a poem directly from memory. It's the short version of Don't Quit, and that's what I will do with Her.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
When you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Success is failure, turned inside out,
Like the silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are,
You may be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the fight with your hardest hit,
It's when things go wrong that you musn't quit.    

No comments:

Post a Comment