Find stuff you wanna know!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

14 May 10

Wow a good busy day today. Let's go by two main topics: skates and JA competition.

Okay skates. I feel wonderful!!! I think I've brokne into my skates already! 2 straight hours of slaloming and no pain. Well, not much anyway. I feel great! I finally mastered the fish and viper. I found that the trick to do viper is to swing your front leg first before your back leg, not swing them together. Yuan Yuan says it looks as if I'm doing front cross when I go fast. That's awesome. I can also do one leg. But after a while I lose momentum which means I lose balance which means I swing away from the cones. I can't do a full 20 cones on one leg, but I can do about 7 cones. That's good enough for me now! I also started learning front cross, which was not as hard as I expected. I haven't mastered it yet, but I can do about 10 cones without knocking any over. I left at 8 for dinner with my family, so I missed abit. Marcus was lucky enough to start learning Crazy. I'm gonna force him to teach me the technique today. Then I'm gonna practice and be able to do it better than him. Mwahahaha.

Ok JA Competition. I'm so embarressed. JA stands for Junior Achievers, not Junior Associates. Pai se pai se. We had our first meeting today. 24 of us. 4 people came to train us. An Australian, an Indian, a Scotsman and an Ang mor. I dunno where she is from. Quite diverse. Anyhow. We played a game about leaders. Everyone had a post-it stuck to his or her back, and everyone could see it except them. What we had to do was play 20 questions. And you have to ask yes/no questions. To find out who you are. So I asked smart questions. Here is the list.

Am I a politician? No
Am I a sportsperson? Yes
Do I live in America? No
Do I live in Asia? No
Do I live in Europe? Yes
Do I play soccer? Yes

Basically that was just my list of questions I asked. After the last question I groaned because I wasn't a soccer fan and I only had the name Rolnaldo (is that how you spell it?) running through my head. Then Da Wei said, very easy one. And something clicked: I'm David Beckham!

I was the first one to solve it and I proudly pasted my post-it on the board. Lol. Da Wei was Bruce Lee, but he couldn't guess it within the time given.

We came up with our company's name and core values too. We came up with some funny names:
Likit: it's actually Like It combined, but it looks like Lick It. Which just sounded wrong. So we scratched that.
Another group came up with MicroHard. Which also sounded REALLY wrong. Think about it.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm gonna have a full day of skating tomorrow! Woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment