Day One of IAG Senior (18-21 March) coaching. 18th March
5.44am. I eating a hearty breakfast of bread and apple bacon ham, 1 piece of marble cake and a big cup if soy bean milk. I plan to go to 7 Eleven to stock up on Sprite, sweets, snacks. If there's one thing I learned from the last time I coached, it's that one must keep eating. I hafta keep eating to stay awake. And trust me, staying awake and alert is the most important thing a coach needs to do.
6.56am. I'm here, and I'm the first of the coaches!!!! Mwahahaha.. They can't fine me!!!! The PD ad APD (Program Director and Assistant Program Director) agreed to fine any coach who was late at a rate of $1 per minute. Since I'm early, they should fine me negative!!! Lol. It's the start of a good day. The 7 Eleven didn't have enuogh Sprite so I took 2 H-Two-Os and a Ricola (Lemon Mint).
9.55am. We're having a breakfast break now. Til 10.30an I think. Summary of what has happened:
We had Ra-Ra to welcome the participants, and Kenneth (our PD) introduced us coaches one by one, making fun of several. Then Adam came in an started the introduction to the camp. I said the T word so I gotta pay $10 today. Damn.
12.52pm. Sitting at the back of the room where Adam Khoo is training now. We just watched the Nick video. The guy without limbs. I forgotten how to spell his surname. Anyway, chek it out at lifewithoutlimbs.org. It's damn inspiring.
4.10pm. I just got punked my my fellow coaches. Dean came up to me and said Yu Yuan was looking for me. So I dutifully went to TR3 to look for him, and then he and Cheryl called me to the back of the room. Kenneth and Jia Yu were there as well. They had formed a semicircle of chairs with Kenneth and Yu Yuan standing and the others sitting down. I was instructed to grab a chair and sit in the centre, facing Dean, so I did. Then they explained to me, they were testing out a reflex game to play with the participants later. I should have caught it there, but I guess I was excited about a reflex game. The game was Mirror, whatever Dean did, I was supposed to mirror. So he raise his right hand and I followe with my left hand, then he raised his left hand and crossed it over his right hand. I followed. Then he raise both hands in the air and as I did, Kenneth and Yu Yuan grabed my arms, the Dean lifted my shirt while Jia Yu held my legs down and Cheryl sprayed my tummy with Dettol spray. I was like so shocked and instinctively attempted to curl up into a ball. It was funny. I suppose it's some sort of initiation thing.
1.46am. Yes. I'm not kidding. It's really the next day already. I just finished bathing and now in bed, putting out this last part. This was a very good day. I love my fellow coaches. We're like one family. It's damn fun. I also love my group. All guys, 6 of them. Keith and I are coaching them. And although I'm an assistant coach, I have more coaching experience than Keith. Hmm... He is a Math Teacher at AKLC, though. We coaches are playing Angel/Mortal. And I'm an Angel to- ah, cannot say now... It's just nice to know that I'm and angel to a female. It's cool. Gonna buy some sweets and put it inside her envelope. Oh! And I need to find that Celine Dion song I'm Your Angel. Is that te title? Nevermind i'll find out tomorrow. I mean, today.
End of Day One of IAG Senior (18-21 March)
'Tis the season to be bored =,=
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment