Find stuff you wanna know!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

22 June 10: I love Tuesdays.

I love Tuesdays. 

PRSP first thing in the morning. I live Programming!! It's so straightforward, yet challenging, like a math or logic problem. I'm so in my element. I don't know why I didn't like prograing before. Hmm... Anyway, my primary goal is to be known as a whiz. My measure for that will be my reputation: how many people ask me for help. I'll know I've achieved this goal when I hear the words: "oh having trouble with PRSP? Ask Wesley." This is probably the closest thing I'll have to math (sob, no more math as a subject!). I feel good especially when I wear my skating gloves. It looks so Mission Impossible, like hacker's gloves. Lol.

After that we had BPM. I love BPM, because Ms Rita teaches us, and we can always expect something fun to happen. Like during the 3rd last week of school, we had to do a group presentation, then the following 2 weeks before the exam, we played a stock game. Today was just as fun. We discussed a lot of the trading/investing terminology, and not only did I get to revise what I knew, I also learnt new stuff, like I didn't know that short selling was also called contra, and that short selling is totally banned in Singapore. I was under the impression that one had to clear all short positions by the end of the trading day.  This is my second favourite subject after PRSP.

Then SKATING!!! OH YEAH!!! Lol, still so hyper. I love skating. I'm still maintaining my statement: "Every time I go for training I learn something new." Today I learned two new moves. Volt and Sun. Okay I learned Sun last Tuesday, but I couldn't do the J-Turn, so being able to do it now (albeit shakily) is an achievement for me. I also improved my Mega. I can go much faster and much more smoother now. Almost natural. After 4 days of not skating, I did have to regain my skating sense, but after one hour I was back in my skin. Skating felt natural again. So I felt good. :D The SHINE event is coming up soon, next Saturday. That means we only have 4 trainings left, including today. We need to be at our best, so only those who can do Crazy and One Foot can participate for Slalom. For slides, one must be able to do Acid and Power Slide. Thank goodness I'm slaloming and just finished learning Crazy. I already can do one foot. My Crazy is improving: I'm able to do toe after my back cross. I also have something to look forward to this Friday: Shen Loong is gonna personally train Marcus, Kienan, Leonard, Natasha and I some slaloming moves. Each of us will be learning a different move. For me, Shen Loong will teach me Malboro(?), which looks damn sexy. Very twisty and turny. I like. Shen Loong is probably the best slalomers I've seen in the TP Skate Club, and he's very good at picking moves best suited to us. Everytime he suggested a move to a person, that person's face will light up once they'd seen the move. I know I did. I also know Marcus and Leonard had the same reaction when Shen Loong showed them what he's be teaching them on Friday. I feel so honoured to be taught by him. :) Cant wait for Friday!!

I've also decided to organise something for the Skate Club. Urban skating!!! And I think my route is better, compared to the Orchard-Pasir Ris route, because 1) it's a circuit and 2) it's park connectors, meaning it's safer. I just posted the new topic on the TP Skate Forum. Maybe we can do it monthly, like the 4th Saturday of every month. I'm gonna pug hard for this, because it trains endurance, bonds people and would probably be a good "initiation" or "rite of passage" for future newbies. I really hope this idea takes off. This saturday will be the first one, and I'm gonna go even if no one else does. Let's see how many people reply.

Oh something good happened today. Phase Alpha has been set in motion. I feel happy.

I love Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment