Find stuff you wanna know!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

7 Apr 10

I didn't put up a post yesterday. That's because I was lazy. Watching 27 9min+ videos of Whose Line Is It Anyway? on YouTube. Also I was doing part one of making what I call a "mix and freeze" strawberry cheesecake. That is, pounding digestive biscuits and mixing them with butter, then leaving it in the fridge to freeze. It's 6.24pm now and I just finished part 2: mixing the cheese with sugar, water and gelatine. Of course I had to boil the water and dissolve the sugar and gelatine first. I learned to add the gelatine slowly as it will congeal immediatly when it touches water. I had a hard time breaking up the gelatine lumps but eventually managed to do so. Then I left it in the fridge to freeze. I'm gonna do part 3 tonight, which is making the strawberry jelly topping, then leaving it overnight to freeze. See why I call it a "mix and freeze" cake?

Here are some jokes from Colin Mochrie to make up for not posting yesterday. They're slightly modified because I had to take them out of context, but the punchlines are more or less the same.

A cult of bees were found dead under their hive. They are though to have committed insecticide.

I bought a gun made out of jelly while overseas to take home to my kids. I was arrested at the airport for possesing a congealed weapon.

That's all I can remember for now, but I will put up more when I can recall.

10.32. I finished making the Strawberry Jelly Topping for my cake about an hour ago. I learnt I cannot use the big tray. The clingwrap wasn't big enough, even though I put 2. That's an epic fail cuz I just checked it, and found that the jelly liquid had seeped below and now the biscuit base and cheese layer is floating!!! Lol. My other 2 smaller trays are okay though. I just took one out and shook it a little and -success!!!- it's jellyfying!!! I would say congealed, but it doesn't sound very nice. Lol! We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

Btw, I'm leaving tomorrow for a 3D2N stay at TP. So if there is no Internet there, I will have to post my entries on Saturday night when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment