Find stuff you wanna know!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

2 Sep 10: 2 Weeks???

Whoa crap it's been 2 weeks and 2 days since my last post. Man have u gotten lazy.

Anyway, it's about time I posted something, so here's a summary about what I've been up to lately:

JA Company is up and running. We're in the last 4 weeks of the competition and starting to feel the pressure. I've made 3 web pages for the company. Okay well not MADE in every sense of the word, but I copied some stuff and formatted it into a Facebook Page, a Blogshop and an Online Order Form.

Exams are just round the corner (next week!) and I'll admit I've not been giving my 100% to study. Sigh... I so can't wait til it's over. What kind of holidays are these? We get 8 weeks of no school, but 2 exams slapped right in the middle, at the 4 week mark. What logic is this? Lol.

Anyway, I've learned something last night (and that's saying something since I've not been studying :P ). I finishe reading this storybook titled Deadline. It's about Ben Wolf, an 18 year old boy who finds out he only has one year to live because of a blood disease. He decides not to tell anyone, and to make as big an impact as he can on this earth before he leaves. He'd really witty, and resourceful, and as the story unfolds, I reflect on how I would react if I was in his shoes. What would I have done given his circumstances? And it's not just the blood disease thing, it's his "projects" which he does to make himself known and remembered. It was very interesting and a wonderful page turner, and as I finished it, this is the lesson I took away:

Live each day a if it's your last.

I actually put a status update on my Facebook account a long time ago:

"Begin each day as if it were on purpose. Live each day as if it's your last. End each day with no regrets."

I have to say I haven't been following this philosophy, and it took me this book to realise it. I'm gonna adopt this philosophy (again) and I WILL make the effort to enforce it within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment