Find stuff you wanna know!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 Aug 10: YOG Job!!!

Ah... nothing like another Tuesday. No SCHOOL!!! Whoo!! It's the beginning of an 8 week (roughly) holiday, and I only hafta go back in 3-4 weeks for 2 exams: BPM and SAS. That is pure awesomesauce. Anyway, today was the start of my volunteer job for YOG. I'm stationed at Changi Airport, and I basically have to provide tech support. My main job is to just walk around to check that the IT equipment is working. But today was super cool, cuz I got to hang out at the AIRPORT!!! And the provided free drinks, and cookies, and lunch (which wasn't that awesome, but I can't complain cuz it's free), and I'm gonna get a free ticket to Sentosa Universal Studios upon completion of my last day of work!!! Awesomeness. 

Okay skating now. My back one foot is getting smoother, I'm feeling the bouncing rhythm very well. And I started work on my routine. Well, just part one: the first 20 80cm-cones. I'm gonna hafta learn Chap Chap for the 50cm cones, but I'm not sure what I should do for the 120cm cones. Anyways, my routine is this:
Mabrouk, followed by a Great Volt, then into a Crazy Sun, then Back Nelson for 2 cones then Back Foot the rest of the way. Feels good, especially when I pull off the Great Volt into Crazy Sun. I still can't do Eagle, so what I'm gonna do now is train my thigh muscles by doing splits. I used to be able to do splits comfortably, but I've lost a lot of my flexibility. Skating has helped me regain some of it, but I still need more, in order to stuff like  Eagle, Reverse Eagle, Reverse Toe Eagle, the Foot Gun/Rocket series, etc etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment