Find stuff you wanna know!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Results and Changes

I got back my results for my term test and they were dismal, to say the least. I failed SAS. This was the paper that had the screwed up question. Lemme quote:

"For any of the FIVE SDLC phases, explain it's purpose and the deliverables involved."

Now hang on a sec, let's breakdown and analyse the sentence structure. 

1) "For any of the FIVE..." this part tells me that there are 5 SDLC phases. I know there are 8, so I was stuck here abit as I was wondering when we had been taught 5 phases.

2) "...explain it's purpose..." this part tells me that I'm supposed to explain only ONE phase.

So right here I'm stumped. I was getting more and more frustrated as time went by, and I had to finish the other questions or else I wouldn't have enough time. Even after I came back to it, I was still pulling my hair over this stupid question. So, I failed.

It should have been:
"For each of FIVE SDLC phases.." or
"For any FIVE of the SDLC phases..."

I was so stunned that I didn't realise the question was worth 10 marks.

Hell.

The only subjects I really scored in were PRSP and CMSK, but those don't count because PRSP was too easy; almost everyone in class got an A and one person even got full marks. CMSK also doesn't really count becuse I wasn't a proper exam, it was just a test. And it was an email writing test.

I've resolved to work harder, focus more and play less. Here are some major changes I'm gonna make (well, major for me anyway):

1. I've deleted most of my games on Monique. I've only kept Tap Tap Revenge 3 and Unblock Me.

2. I will only roller blade on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

3. After the M11 Prelease this Sunday (which I don't think I'll be able to go for), all Magic will be strictly business. I can't afford to play much now. I MUST get Diploma Plus.

That's it. Those are my major changes.

New post on planeswalkerz.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment