Find stuff you wanna know!

Friday, October 29, 2010

27 Oct 10: Back at TP

Damn I was supposed to post this 2 days ago. See how lazy I am? Zzz...

Okay first 2 days back at school. Summary time!

Monday was awesome. I made a pact to myself, to get Zs (the grade representative of Distinction) for all my subjects. If I don't like a subject, I will force myself to. At the minimum, a B+.  I made files to file my lecture notes and tutorials, so that when I look at a subject for the day, I just grab the file and everything I need will be inside, hafta use a filing system, last semester, my notes were so disorganized and crappy. I must make the effort to organize. And so I did. I'm happy.

Over the holidays, I've been thinking I wanted to take Psychology as a Cross-Disciplinary Subject (CDS) more than I wanted Basic Financial Accounting (BFA), so I applied for a switch. Imagine my surprise when my lecturer, Ms Rita Choo (who, by the way, is one of the most awesome people in TP), called me and told me I could take both. I immediately accepted. My timetable's a little crazy, but I can cope. I WILL cope. I will EXCELL. People call me crazy, but I don't care. I had to buy notes for Psychology and Quantitative Analysis, a core subject of my course. Can you see that they appear to be on opposite ends of a spectrum? One so left brained and mathematical, the other so right brained, emotional and about understanding people and the way they think. So I guess it was kinda weird for an outsider to see me request notes on Psychology and Quantitative Analysis. ;)

Anyway, today was fun. First, we had CORE, which is Core Financial Business. We had to form teams, so 4 people (Lisa, Jie Ni, Zi Xuan and Qi Yong) had to draft the rest of us, in a modified wheel fashion. What that means is that, person A picks one person to add to their team, followed by person B, until person D has picked. Then the next round of picking starts with person B, followed by C, then D and back to A. And so on. I was quite sad to be one of the last picks, but it did tell me that I hadn't proven myself to be a very useful person last semester. This sem, I'm going to change that. I'm gonna be the one to add the most value to the team. Anyway, long story short, Lisa picked me, and I'm gonna put in my 100% for this project.

Okay Tuesday. It was a full day for me, as I had lessons til 4pm, then skating at 6pm. I'm just gonna skip straight to skating. It was after skating, and most of the skaters had skate off to Tampines 1 for dinner, leaving less than half behind. I kept going around, asking people to join me for dinner opposite, as I hadn't eaten, and my mum didn't cook for me. I usually depend on dinner with the skate team on Tuesdays. Anyway, no one wanted to eat, until I finally convinced Song to acompany me.

I guess it was a blessing in disguise, cuz we had a very deep conversation about the meaning of life, religion, and the end of the world. Very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment